Common access issuesThere are some quite common issues many users experience when trying to access their Skype accounts. As the Skype Support Website acknowledges, these are:
- Forgetting username and/or password. Very simple to fix. Just click on the Forgot Password (or username) link, submit your email address, and get your access credentials via email.
- Wrong User Information. Skype is meant to be used for legally aged users. If you aren’t, of if your information is wrong in their system, contact Skype and prove your age to solve this issue.
- Wrong Access Account. Some people used to access Skype using other services accounts, such as Facebook – however this is no longer an option (since 2018). You need to access using your Skype or Microsoft Account credentials.
- Outdated Skype. This one is easy! Just make sure to update your program from the Help menu. And problem solved!
- Skype is down? Finally, there is a very slim possibility the Skype service might be down at the moment you need to access your account. Follow this link to check Skype status.